Youtheatre is open to all area youth in grades 1-12. The mission of Youtheatre is to create an inclusive environment in which to inspire and enrich the lives of all youth, regardless of income or ability, by providing educational opportunities and promoting appreciation of the arts.
The mission of our club is to provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive community that promotes creativity, education, and self-expression for any and all who wish to explore the theatrical arts.
Cost of participation in Youtheatre Club is $45 for the season!
Youtheatre Club Point System
We will have an end of the year celebration for those that have received a minimum of 20 points during the 2018-2019 Club Year. Here is how you are able to earn points:
1 point – For each meeting you attend
1 point – For being present the entire meeting
2 points – For any “theatre” event/production you go see and have your ticket signed and turned in. No limit.
Youtheatre Club Attendance Policy
I understand that in order to keep good standing as a member of the Youtheatre Club, I must attend all scheduled Youtheatre Club meetings. Please note:
- Excused Absences: Absences may be excused if a note from a parent is submitted or in the event of sickness or family emergency. Only two excused absences will be accepted.
- Unexcused Absences: Unexcused absences will not be tolerated. Each student will only be allowed one unexcused absence. More than one unexcused absence will result in an automatic termination from the club and no refunds will be given.
*If a student misses club due to an excused absence, points can be made up by attending a theatre event/production you go see and have your ticket/program signed and turned in.
Youtheatre Club Behavior Guidelines
- Being on time for the club meeting.
- Participation during each meeting is expected.
- Not using cell phones during instruction time.
- Respecting the Marathon Center rules – walk quietly in the hallways and respect all Marathon Center property; remain in the space provided, do not go into any rooms not designated for Youtheatre use.
- Respecting others’ property and space.
- Not using inappropriate language.
- Listening to staff and not interrupting activities.
- Not using drugs, alcohol, or any other illegal substances.
- Not engaging in inappropriate behavior.
- Working as a team member.
I understand that if I do not abide by the Program guidelines, I will risk suspension or termination from Youtheatre Club, without refund of fees.
Youtheatre Club Meeting Dates
October 9, 2018
November 13, 2018
December 11, 2018
February 12, 2019
March 12, 2019
April 9, 2019
May 14, 2019
May 16, 2019 | Club 20 Celebration
Club Meeting Times
Grades 1-5: 4:30-6:00 p.m. (There is a capacity limit of 40 for this group!) • Grades 6-8 & 9-12: 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Location: MCPA
We will cancel if there is a Level 2 or 3 weather advisory at the time of club meeting. Visit MCPA.org or our Facebook page for cancellation information
Youtheatre College Scholarship
The mission of Youtheatre is to create an inclusive environment in which to inspire and enrich the lives of all youth, regardless of income or ability, by providing educational opportunities and promoting appreciation of the arts. First established by the Board of The Arts Partnership and now perpetuated by Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, this scholarship seeks to recognize students involved in the Youtheatre program as they graduate and move into a higher education institution in the subsequent year.
- Must be a high school senior who has been involved with the Youtheatre program within the past 4 years. Applicants should plan to attend an accredited institution of higher education full-time to pursue any undergraduate field of study in the subsequent year.
- Students must have earned a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Students related to anyone on the Scholarship Selection Committee or employees/board members of The Arts Partnership are ineligible to apply.
2015 – Isaac Dryden & Stephen Christiansen
2016 – Lena Kennedy
2017 – Jenny Fleck & Maggie Rucki
2018 – Olivia Christiansen, Mason Clouse & Carly Powell
Help keep this scholarship growing, make a donation today!
Calling all Alumni! If you participated in Youtheatre, we’d love to stay in touch. We hope to plan some alumni events and have a newsletter with updates and information about Youtheatre events.
Fill out this form and we’ll be sure to tell you about what your fellow alumni are doing, keep you up to date on current Youtheatre events, and invite you to special events.