The mission of our club is to provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive community that promotes creativity, education, and self-expression for any and all who wish to explore the theatrical arts.
Club Teachers for the 2019-2020 Season:
Grades 1-5: Zach Thomas and Abigail Starcher
Grades 6-8: Lindsay Taylor and Jonda Krontz
Grades 9-12: Erica Bickhart and Julie Lane
*Spots for Grades 1-5 Club are limited! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this age group.
Cost of participation in Youtheatre Club is $50 for the season!
Youtheatre Club Point System
We will have an end of the year celebration for those that have received a minimum of 20 points during the 2019-2020 Club Year. Here is how you are able to earn points:
1 point – For each meeting you attend
1 point – For being present the entire meeting
2 points – For any “theatre” event/production you go see and have your ticket signed and turned in. No limit.
Youtheatre Club Attendance Policy
I understand that in order to keep good standing as a member of the Youtheatre Club, I must attend all scheduled Youtheatre Club meetings. Please note:
- Excused Absences: Absences may be excused if a note from a parent is submitted or in the event of sickness or family emergency. Only two excused absences will be accepted.
- Unexcused Absences: Unexcused absences will not be tolerated. Each student will only be allowed one unexcused absence. More than one unexcused absence will result in an automatic termination from the club and no refunds will be given.
*If a student misses club due to an excused absence, points can be made up by attending a theatre event/production you go see and have your ticket/program signed and turned in.
Youtheatre Club Behavior Guidelines
- Being on time for the club meeting.
- Participation during each meeting is expected.
- Not using cell phones during instruction time.
- Respecting the Marathon Center rules – walk quietly in the hallways and respect all Marathon Center property; remain in the space provided, do not go into any rooms not designated for Youtheatre use.
- Respecting others’ property and space.
- Not using inappropriate language.
- Listening to staff and not interrupting activities.
- Not using drugs, alcohol, or any other illegal substances.
- Not engaging in inappropriate behavior.
- Working as a team member.
I understand that if I do not abide by the Program guidelines, I will risk suspension or termination from Youtheatre Club, without refund of fees.
Youtheatre Club Meeting Dates
September 10, 2019
October 8, 2019
November 12, 2019
December 3, 2019
January 21, 2020
February 11, 2020
March 10, 2020
April 14, 2020
May 12, 2020 | Club 20 Celebration
Club Meeting Times
Grades 1-5: 4:30-6:00 p.m. (There is a capacity limit of 40 for this group!) • Grades 6-8 & 9-12: 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Location: MCPA
We will cancel if there is a Level 2 or 3 weather advisory at the time of club meeting. Visit MCPA.org or our Facebook page for cancellation information